In a previous post I have introduced you to a kangaroo strap made by Reivilo Watch Straps. Today I want to elaborate a little more on these. All our straps are meticulously crafted to enhance and compliment any wrist watch. Apart from an obvious aesthetic choice, Kangaroo leather also incorporates many other attributes making it the unequaled material of choice for our watch straps. Here are some facts:
· Kangaroo are found in abundance in the wild all over Australia, but they are also farmed extensively.
· Both kangaroo meat and hides are utilized, with kangaroo meat sold in many major food chains.
· A small number of the large-sized species which exist in high numbers can be hunted by commercial hunters.
· Studies conducted by the Australian Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) confirm that kangaroo is one of the strongest leathers of similar substance available.
· When split to 20% of its original thickness, kangaroo retains between 30 to 60% of the tensile strength of the unsplit hide. Calf on the other hand retains only 1-4% of original strength.
· Not only is kangaroo leather lighter than the hide of a cow or goat, it has 10 times the strength of cowhide and is 50% stronger than goatskin.
· In Outback Australia, chrome tanned kangaroo leather is the material of choice for many farmers for all their automotive and other engine gasket requirements.
The other components that go into making Reivilo Watch Straps unique, are the virtually rot proof Mox braided stitching (hand sewn, of course), and a robust but elegant stainless steel buckle.
Kangaroo leather is available in a vast range of fashion colours and is available in either chrome or vegetable tanned. Please enjoy your purchase.